How To Cover Up Scars | A Complete Guide (2021)
When your body is covered in scars, do you feel self-conscious and no longer enjoy wearing your favorite costumes and dresses? No worries, that problem can be fixed in a number of ways that are both simple and effective. Investigate how to conceal scars with us now !
How to cover up scars quickly
Scar concealing tape
Choosing a patch that matches your skin tone is the best way to cover a minor scar. Even if they did, it wouldn't be a big problem.
Waterproof concealing tapes are a great way to cover scars when you're swimming or at the beach.
How to cover up scars with a temporary tattoo
Temporary tattoos in a variety of colors and styles can be an effective solution to hide scars.
If you know you'll be wearing a more exposing attire for an event or a few days out, these tattoos look authentic and can last up to 3 weeks.
How to cover up scars with makeup
With the correct cosmetics, you can hide the scars. A professional makeup artist is not necessary; you may do it all yourself at home.
And you don't even need to buy any more makeup products, because your regular face makeup will work just as well. Just follow these simple instructions.
- Clean the skin around the scar.
- Exfoliate, including the scarred area
- Next, apply a moisturizer, especially focusing on the scarred skin
- If you go out in the sun, be sure to use sunscreen along with a moisturizer
- After you have properly moisturized the skin around the scar, let the moisture soak in for 10 minutes
- Get a waterproof concealer.
Choosing the right concealer shade is the key to wearing concealer correctly.
Choose a concealer that provides adequate coverage if you want to conceal scars.
- After finishing using concealer. You should use more foundation. You can also apply a layer of mousse depending on what you have.
- Finally, apply powder with the help of a wide brush. This will help the entire makeup look natural and will also beautify the skin.
How to cover up scars in the long term
Scar cream is another treatment that has been proven to be effective over time as well. Using the scar cream consistently has reduced scar discolouration, and even my old marks are beginning to fade.
A cover-up tattoo covers scars
A few scars can also be covered with tattoos. As a matter of fact, I'm perfectly aware that getting inked is a big deal, and not everyone is ready for it.
Plan your tattoo and acquire an idea of what you want. Make sure you choose something you'll appreciate for the rest of your life before getting a tattoo.
Find a dermatologist for a lasting solution
If you have a scar, a dermatologist can help you find the right therapy for it. Some scars can be reduced with lasers, micro-needling, or scar surgery, depending on how many and where they are. As a result, this is the greatest option if you want your scars to vanish for good!
How to cover up scars D.I.Y
- Remove the dark green “skin” of the aloe leaf.
- Remove the light green gel that is almost transparent.
- Apply the gel directly to your scar in a circular motion.
- After half an hour, wash off the gel with cool water.
- Repeat twice daily.
- Cut a vitamin E capsule and press the oil onto the scar (you may need more than one capsule to get enough liquid to cover it all).
- For about 10 minutes, massage the area around the scar.
- After about 20 minutes wash off the oil with warm water.
- Repeat this process at least 3 times per week
- Before going to bed, apply a layer of honey on the scar.
- Use a bandage to wrap the scar and leave it overnight
- In the morning, remove the bandage and rinse the honey with warm water.
- Make this part of your routine every night.
- Heat a few tablespoons of coconut oil, just enough for the coconut oil to liquefy.
- Massage the oil into the scar for about 10 minutes.
- Let the skin absorb the oil for at least an hour.
- Repeat two to four times per day.
Lavender and Olive Oil
- Mix three drops of lavender essential oil into three tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Massage the mixture onto the scarred area for about 5 minutes.
- Let the oil sit for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse the area with warm water.
- Repeat this process at least three times a day.
- Cut a fresh lemon.
- Gently rub the juicy part of the lemon onto the scar.
- Relax for about 10 minutes before rinsing off with cool water.
- Do this every day at the same time.
- Mix distilled water with two tablespoons of baking soda until a paste is formed.
- Wet your scar with distilled water and then apply the mixture to the wet scar.
- Hold this mixture with a warm compress for 15 minutes.
- Rinse and repeat daily.
It's important to wash and dry the scar as much as possible before attempting any of the therapies listed below. Be sure to limit the application of these remedies to the scars and not the open wounds.
If a treatment causes irritation, stop using it immediately and consult your physician.
What follows is my take on scar concealment. I hope you can find a way to confidently wear the outfits you adore by yourself.